Thursday, August 16, 2012

Next Chapter - Back To School

After taking some time off from school, this coming fall I will be returning. I'll be attending Eastern Washington University studying secondary education. The next couple of years will be a new adventure that I am quite excited to experience. The countdown stands at thirty-six days until I am able to move in and forty days until the first day of class. Just over a month until I leave is so daunting to me for some reason. Although I am extremely excited to go to school I am slightly anxious about the whole endeavor.  It all comes down to being in a new place and situation. The whole idea of starting over is what scares me. I have an amazing group of friends here at home and really like the routine of life and in a little less than a month that will all change. I wish someone that I was close with was attending Eastern, that would help the transition so much easier. Despite the fact I will be navigating this next part of my journey by myself, I know that if I make the effort it will be alright. I might not have my friends by my side but I know if I ever needed them or wanted to talk all I need to do is pick up the phone. 

"A new experience can be extremely pleasurable, or extremely irritating, or somewhere in between, and you never know until you try it out." - Lemony Snicket 

When I read this quote it inspired a lot in me. I will never know how something is or will be if I don't go out and try it. There are many a things I haven't experienced because I am afraid to. From this day on (we shall see how long it lasts) I will try my darnedest to try new things and not be so afraid of embarrassing myself. 

I choose the logo of EWU as my back to school photo because I really liked the tag line, Start Something Big. This next chapter in my life is a big change I am ready for it. Bring it on! 

Until Next Time :)

xxkels 

No comments:

Post a Comment