Wednesday, August 15, 2012

23 And A Week And A Day

23 And A Week And A Day

Hi. Hola. Salut. Hallo. Szia. Oi. Selam.

How goes it my avid readers? As this is my second post I know I have a loyal cult following already. Who doesn't want to read my blog?? It will probably be one of the best pieces of writing you will read in your lifetime.

Well, now that I've built my self confidence and ego up lets bring it back down to reality. You will see now and in the future I am not the best at articulating my thoughts and that sometimes they will come out jumbled and confusing but fear you shall not because in the end you will get a quote that I haven't written so you will get something out of my posts, well hopefully anyways :)


We are already halfway through the month of August but I found this yesterday on one of the most amazing sites that has been created, Pinterest. And I wanted to "attempt" it, I love taking pictures so I don't think it will be too difficult. But we shall see :) 
It is the 15th of August and the photo I needed to take today is that of the sun. I think with this photo a day challenge I shall take the creative freedom and not always go for what is literally being asked of me. I will take my own interpretation of some of the photos. For example, today the photo is.. . . 



A Sunflower :) 


Helianthus annuss a.k.a. the common sunflower is my favorite flower in the entire world.  There are thought to be over 352,000 species of flowering plants or angiosperm on this planet but before I can remember the sunflower has been my favorite. Wikipedia (my journalistic integrity at its finest) tells us a sunflower is named after its huge, fiery blooms, whose shape and image is often used to depict the sun. Thats helps explain the primary reason why I choose a sunflower for todays photo of the day. I mean c'mon, it has sun it its name! 
This picture was taken when I started working on todays blog. (Yes, that is a bee on the flower - I was so  brave taking the picture, you should be proud) The picture reminds of one week and a day ago.
 Last tuesday (8/7/12) was my birthday and every morning I try and get my butt out of bed and go on a walk. I woke up tuesday morning relatively early because I was excited it was my birthday of course. Unlike a lot of people, I LOVE my birthday. I not only see it as a day where I am officially a year older but it has always been a day of reflection of my past and where I have been and where I plan on going. Anywho, I got up early on my birthday and went on my walk around the neighborhood. Walking up to my house I noticed that there was a couple sunflowers that had bloomed! I was so happy and excited about it I took these photos: 

I found it extremely awesome that a couple sunflowers decided to bloom on my birthday :) 

Researching (because I can't always use the reliable wikipedia for everything) this morning for a quote I came across one I thought was appropriate for todays post. 

"A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love."
 Max Müller 

I love this quote :) Maybe I'll journal it or frame it! 

 Until Next time!  

xxkels 


2 comments: