Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How do I live without you, I want to know!


The one thing I couldn't live without would have to be music. Music is a daily part of my life and I honestly don't know what I would do without it. I imagine my life would be extremely boring and quite dull. My taste in music is quite eclectic but I would definitely say that it veers towards one genre which would be alternative rock/pop rock. Bands like Matchbox Twenty, Fun., or We The Kings. 

Speaking of We The Kings, approximately a month ago I saw them at Warped Tour! I've talked briefly about warped tour on here but I'll go into a little more detail, it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. 

We left ridiculously early (5:00am) on August 4th for Auburn (where Warped Tour was held) and made really good time getting over there. We stopped at Walmart so I could buy a camera and we could get some sunscreen. After we were done we headed to the White River Amphitheater to get in line! Luckily enough I got presale tickets which meant I was able to get a "Jump the line" pass. It just meant we were in a different line then general admission. When we got to the amphitheater around 8:30, there was already A LOT of people there. However, the line we were in was relatively short. There was maybe a 100/150 people in front of us and when you think about it, that's a pretty good spot to be. 

The gates opened around 10:30 and it was like all hell broke loose. Everybody just kinda bum rushed the gates. We hurried to the Vans tent to them a secret phrase (Emerald City) and if we were among the first 200 people to get there then we would get some Vans gear (vans apron/bandanna). Well, my mom and I were among the first 200!

We the Kings was to play at 11:40 and luckily they were playing right next to the Vans tent. So, after we got the gear we rushed over to the stage and luck be have it we were the FIRST at the stage for we the kings. I've been saying that we were lucky a lot and by the end of the day it sure seemed luck was on our side :)   My mom and I were center stage at the We the Kings concert and we rocked out! It was so awesome! After they played their set we went and bought some shirts and because we bought merch we were eligible to MEET THE BAND!!! The time for the meet up was 1:45 and we were able to get in line at 1:30 so we moseyed our way over when it was time and some lady asked if we were there to meet the band and we said, "Yes!" and she replied, "Alright, you'll be first in line." I was completely shocked! This day was just going so much better then I thought it was going to be. We met the band and it was so flippin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <---- can you feel my excitement :)  
Charles Trippy (the one holding the camera) has a YouTube channel called CTFxC which I watch almost every day. I made a shirt for him & one for me (for him to sign) that said CTFxC but the font was in wingding. When I showed him the shirt and told him what it meant he pulled out his camera and started vlogging! My mom took a picture of him doing and I am so glad that she did because now I have something to remember the moment. Oh wait ;), I was in the vlog. Check it out here! I'm about halfway through the vlog. 

Went off on a little tangent but the bottom line is that I couldn't live without music.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

This was the first quote I found and immediately liked it so I decided to use it! 

Until next time :)

xxkels 

1 comment:

  1. I love music!!! Couldn't live without it either.. music has a way of getting me going and to set the mood for the day! I always get excited when I hear we the kings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete