Monday, August 20, 2012

A Rose By Any Other Name Would Smell As Sweet

A couple of months ago I went to Spokane and before I left town I went to Manito Park. It is a picturesque garden on the South Hill and if you have never been before you need to go. They have several gardens, a greenhouse, and a duck pond (a favorite of mine when I was growing up in Spokane). While walking around one of the gardens, I came across the flower to the left. 
Being the 20th of August, I needed a photo that is Macro (close up). The picture up above I took a couple of months ago at Manito Park and the picture to the right is the photo I took today. I took the flower from the garden because it had broke off somehow someway and I couldn't just leave it there on the ground :)  When I got home I decided to press it so one day I could put it in a frame. My mom put it between the pages of one of her medical books from nursing school. I wish I could recall the name of the flower but it escapes me.

If you don't know me, you wouldn't know I love flowers. I love the beauty that emerges every time a flower blooms, the excitement I get is difficult to put into words. I look forward to every spring/summer when my mom and I have a chance to plant our flower garden. Deciding the photo for today took some time but when I came across the pressed flower this morning I knew right away I wanted to use it for the photo of the day :) 

"Joy in looking and comprehending is nature's most beautiful gift." - Albert Einstein 

Until Next Time :) 

xxkels 

No comments:

Post a Comment