Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Dreamed A Dream

Whether it is a blessing or a curse is something I haven't decided yet. Since before I could remember most nights I tend to have extremely vivid dreams. When I wake if I remember to do so, I will write down the dream the best that I can remember it and usually I can remember a lot. Like I said, I haven't decided if it is a blessing or a curse because I've had pleasant dreams that make me never want to wake up and then I've had dreams where they were so bad I was awoken suddenly and became upset. 

Many kicks were gotten (get that?) when rereading the dreams I have put in my journal.  I tend to write down the more pleasant ones because I don't want to remember a dreadful dream, a good thing I believe. The terrific thing about writing down my dreams is I am actually able to visualize the dream again.

Just the other day I had a distressing dream and when I woke I was extremely upset. I thought about putting it in my journal but the dream was too disturbing. Although I still remember some of the dream the details have faded away and I am so grateful for that.

The inspiration for this blog entry came from a lovely nap I took this afternoon. I will not go into details about the dream I had because who knows if the subjects of my dream read this blog. All I will say about the dream was, it was quite vivid and I remember the dream almost in its entirety. When I woke from the nap I wrote down the dream in my journal. It will be a good read later on :)

“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” Edgar Allen Poe

Until Next Time :) 

xxkels 

No comments:

Post a Comment